Friday, September 11, 2015

You Matter

Moms Group started at church today, and this is the first time I’m participating. I’m excited to see what God has in store for this year, and I am purposefully looking for His hand in it because I want to be blown away by His power and love!

I’m excited about building new relationships with moms in the trenches of motherhood. What a difficult and isolating place it can be sometimes, but what an incredible job we have been given. God has entrusted us with little lives to mold.

I’m the quiet, reserved type of person, so putting myself out there to meet new people does not come naturally. Many times I would love to sit in the corner of the room, but I’ve also been hurt in the past when I have felt alone in a crowd. I’ve been hurt when it felt like I didn’t matter.

Motherhood is tough, and one of my prayers for Moms Group is that I will be encouraged, but I also pray God uses me to be an encouragement to other moms. May we build connections with each other and share our hearts with one another.

We all have something to learn from each other, and God has placed us exactly where we are to impact the lives of those around us.

Who can you impact today? Who is on your heart? Who needs encouragement?

I’m learning to listen to the whispers of the Holy Spirit. When someone comes to mind, do you push the thought out of your head? Or do you take a moment to pray for them? You might not know what they’re going through, but God does. 

Be an encourager. 

Lift them up in prayer. Send them a text or an email. Maybe even drop a letter in the mailbox. In our world of technology, I am always thrilled when there’s a card in the mail. Seeing handwritten letters makes me feel like I matter to someone.

We each matter. We matter as a woman. As a mom. As a sister. As a daughter. As a child of God.

We matter.

God wants us to be encouraged and be encouragers to others.


As a mom of daughters, I think it’s extremely important to let them know they matter. There are too many negative things in this world that try to devalue them or make them question their value, but they matter.

I also want them to see the value in other people. I want them to be encouragers.

Will you join me in praying for God to place someone on your heart? Be a light in their life. Even if you don’t know what they’re going through, just let them know that you’re thinking about them. Allow God to do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment