Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bragging On Your Hubby

I have a Facebook friend who regularly posts pictures of her and her husband, sharing what he means to her and how proud she is of him.

It makes me think about my own relationship. My husband brags on me all the time. 

Sometimes it makes me want to slink back into the corner because I don't want the limelight. All eyes on me is uncomfortable.

Even though my cheeks brighten and I feel a little embarrassed, I do like that he wants others to know what he loves about me or what I've done that's so impressive to him.

But do I do it for him?

With my head held in shame, I must say that I don't. I should. And I will. He's incredible. After all, he puts up with my craziness.

The other night I had a note sitting on my desk from him. I had to chuckle because it was folded using that famous middle school fold, but inside were not the words of a seventh grader. They were words of encouragement from my dear husband. Simple words, but heart stirring words.

He is my biggest fan. He is my voice of reason. He’s my blessing from God. I want him to feel the same about me.

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. (Proverbs 31:10-12 NIV)

When my husband thinks of me, I want him to see me as worth more than rubies. I want him to have confidence in me, and I desire to bring him good. Every. Single. Day.

What does that good look like? An encouraging word? A selfless act? Cooking his favorite meal? Being the wife that God has called me to be, the wife my husband needs.

The challenge I have for myself and every other wife is to brag on your hubby. He desires it, and I guarantee relationships will be strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment